Superfoods - A Great Top Twenty For Everyone! - Part Two
Hi, and welcome to my second article on this fantastic topic. Last week in my first article I outlined my world top ten superfoods. This week I'm going to finish off by looking at numbers 11-20. Once again I should mention that these are 10 great foods for all round diet and health. Eat all twenty consistently and you could add as much as 14 years to your life. And they are not even expensive! In fact these world superfoods are easily available and cheap!
Most fruits are healthy and good for you but one of the best weighs in at number 11. It's the simple blueberry. Simple in taste but a great superfood.
11. The Blueberry: this little fruit is packed full of antioxidants which protect the eyes and cardio-vascular system. They also have anti-cancer properties. The antioxidants are also found in abundance in blackberries and bilberries. Eat them all in smoothies, in fruit salad or just on their own. Fantastic!
12. Goji Berries: at number 12 it's the goji berry. Is there anything that this great tasting berry doesn't do ? It's a wonderful superfood. Wait for it- it contains anti-ageing and anti-tumour properties, its packed with vitamin C, antioxidants, selenium, zinc and calcium . Goji berries are also high in omega which are needed for the efficient working of the nervous systems and the brain. They also taste fantastic with cereal, yogurt, as a smoothie, in muesli or just on their own. In fact this superfood is one I eat every day!
13. Sauerkraut: At 13 its raw sauerkraut. Sounds horrible- this food even increases your libido- wow more sex as well !! This superfood is rich in vitamin C and has been used in the past to treat constipation. I have to admit this is the only superfood I haven't tried but I soon will.
14. Oregano: Oregano is a herb rich in antioxidants, so rich that it has the most of nearly any food. This herb is wonderful for improving digestion and the immune function. It also has anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties. Add it to stews and soups but make sure its after cooking or you'll lose all its goodness and it won't help improve your health.
15. The raspberry: At 15 its one of the world's most popular and tasty superfoods- the humble raspberry. These are high in fibre and folic acid as well as containing ellagic acid which has been proven to have anti-cancer properties. Eat them alone, in smoothies, in any number of great superfood recipes. For the best superfood cocktail use the raspberry in a fruit salad - packed full of goodness.
16. The carrot: At 16 it's the humble carrot, loved by humans and by rabbits ! These contain antioxidants such as zeaxanthin and lutein which protect against cancer but are also great for protecting the lungs, the eyes and skin.
17. Turmeric weighs in at number seventeen. Stacked full of curcumin which contains antioxidant, anti-cancer and anti-inflammatory properties.
18. Sea veggies - these are alkalizing and detoxifying and are so powerful that they only need to be taken in small quantities. They contain calcium, iron and iodine in higher quantities than land plants. great superfoods though you might prefer fruit.
19. Slippery Elm tea - this can help assist recovery from stress related disorders, from surgery, inflammation and gastro-intestinal disorders. To gain real benefits you need to drink 2-3 cups a day. Drink it often, preferably every day.
20. Water - so why is water in the top twenty list ? Because you need water for efficient brain function, circulation, digestion, stamina, healthy skin - in fact every bodily function that you can think of. So drink plenty of clean water. Tap water is not a good source of drinking water!! Preferably, use Reverse Osmosis water for drinking and cooking.
So that's it the world's top twenty superfoods. Most are cheap, most are easily available so be sensible and grab a superfood not a burger! Become a superfood addict and live longer and healthier!
Superfoods - A Great Top 20 For Everyone : Part One